Enfield Park was given to the Town Council on 9 August 1922 by Mr Tingcombe. There are three distinct areas of the park: the entrance, which is fronted by the A39 has a surfaced area, a band-stand and public toilets and is frequently used for events. In medieval days, long before there was a bridge, there was a chapel at the entrance of the park for people to pray for courage on crossing the Camel of for thanks on having successfully crossed it.
The “formal area” through the gates, houses the mural (completed by the community, local artist Sk8tch and Sir James Smith’s Community School in 2018 with FEAST funding. There is an u12 children’s play area, refurbished in 2019. There is also outside gym equipment, BBQ area and a grassed area where children can play and where events are held, such as Music in the Park. A circular path leads to the “wildlife area” with a meadow and a pond. A bird hide was installed in 2019.